Dehumidification is the process in which the moisture or water vapor or the humidity is extracted from air. High humidity have adverse impact in almost all industries. Ranging from manufacturing,packaging to maintenance jobs everywhere dehumidification or humidity control plays a crucial role.
Without dehumidification industries will have to face the following problems:
- Formation of rust and corrosion on steel structures.
- Peeling or blistering of exterior paint.
- Pharmaceutical and Fertilizer sector suffer from agglomeration of products.
- FMCG industry faces problem during packaging.
- Proper blasting and coating of steel structures are not possible.
- Indoor air quality deteriorates.
- Environment becomes conducive for mold/mild dew and fungus growth.
- Damp spots on ceilings or inner surfaces of exterior walls.
- POP/Epoxy laying procedures gets elongated as proper drying is not possible when humidity is high.
Dehumidification is the answer to the above mentioned problems,it is the process through which humidity control can be achieved. Through dehumidifcation excess moisture in the air is removed to have moisture free air. Air's moisture content is normally described in terms of relative humidity. Relative humidity(RH) is the amount of moisture it could hold at a particular temperature.
So when humidity control is referred it actually implies maintaining the RH at the desired level as per the requirements. RH can be controlled by providing dehumidified air or dry air.
Humidity control is done with the help of dehumidifiers. Dehumidifier draws in the moist air from the surrounding and provides dry and dehumidified air after absorbing the water molecules. So the dehumidifier acts as a dryer.
Technical Drying Services (TDS) provides dehumidification/humidity control services with the help of desiccant based dehumidifiers.
The desiccant based dehumidifier removes moisture from the air by chemical attraction rather than condensation. Humid air is directed across a desiccant material that acts as a drying agent. The moisture is collected in the desiccant. The moist desiccant is dried using second hot air stream that heats the desiccant and releases the moisture. Then the desiccant is reused to provide more dryair. In a continuous process the air is dried by the desiccant,at the same time the moist desiccant is dried for reuse so that dry air is available at all times continuously.
The main USP of TDS services is that it provides highly qualified technical manpower along with all the required equipments. As the service is provided on rental basis it can be availed whenever required.